Substance use treatment is different for each individual. As part of our varied treatment options, The Counseling Center supplies Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for Monmouth Junction area individuals. This effective method helps some people deal with alcohol or drug withdrawal symptoms and minimize cravings that tempt them to resume their substance use. Under the supervision of our expert clinicians, you could receive medication treatment to help you advance in your addiction recovery and aid you in reaching your end goal of lasting sobriety.
How Medication-assisted Treatment Works
Medication-assisted treatment uses FDA-approved medications to ease the symptoms and cravings of drug and alcohol addiction. We know that withdrawal effects and cravings are uncomfortable and make it difficult to prevail over addiction.
We combat those impulses with prescription medicines like Suboxone and Vivitrol. Our certified medical team will work with you to figure out your ideal medication and dosage level. As you undergo MAT in Monmouth Junction, we follow how you do with the medication to make certain you don’t experience unpleasant side effects and you keep getting the treatment on schedule.
Medication-assisted treatment is most beneficial when integrated with accredited therapy, support groups, and established sober habits. The Counseling Center in Monmouth Junction is proud to offer this comprehensive degree of support. We combine mental and medical health care to address the “whole you” and battle alcohol and drug addiction on all fronts to offer a greater chance of recovery.
Suboxone And Vivitrol For Medication-assisted Treatment
The Counseling Center utilizes prescription drugs such as Suboxone and Vivitrol to help prevent compulsions and relapse while going through recovery for substance use. Here are some of the reasons why we turn to these medications for MAT near Monmouth Junction.
- Daily medication ingested orally for opioid addiction
- Obstructs brain receptors to stop cravings
- Acceptable to use long-term under licensed Medical supervision
- Minimal danger of addiction
- Injection administered monthly for addiction to opiates or alcohol
- Inhibits the brain from experiencing gratification from substance use
- Suitable for long-term use under authorized medical guidance
- No risk of addiction
Why We Provide MAT In Monmouth Junction
Offering Medication-assisted treatment in Monmouth Junction is one example of how The Counseling Center puts an emphasis on personalized therapy. For numerous people, reducing cravings gives them an extra leg up in recovery, and we strive to find solutions that lead to a lasting life outside substance use.
MAT supplies many potential virtues for addiction recovery:
- Diminishes withdrawal symptoms
- Ends cravings
- Helps avoid overdoses and relapse
- Allows you to refocus on recovery
- Gives a greater chance of enduring recovery
- Provides a treatment option that integrates easily into your daily routine