PTSD Treatment Near Monmouth Junction
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can disturb your life and make it hard to function. Luckily, specialized treatment can make a difference. If you’re set to confront past traumas and move forward with your life, contact The Counseling Center at Monmouth Junction at 732-605-6353 today. We deliver respectful, skilled PTSD treatment near Monmouth Junction for adolescents, adults, and veterans in a secure environment.
What Is PTSD?
The mental health disorder called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder has the potential to occur if you endure or serve as a witness to a traumatic event or series of events.
This includes military conflict, domestic violence and abuse, sexual assault, devastating accidents, natural disasters, bullying, or any other intense or continual occurrence that threatens your overall welfare. Any person can experience PTSD at any stage in their life.
PTSD can be crippling when symptoms interfere with living a regular, satisfying life. These symptoms can encompass
- Stressful feelings even when you aren’t in danger
- Overwhelming thoughts and visions about the traumatic incident
- Graphic flashbacks to the occurrence
- Blotting out details of the event
- Avoiding reminders of the incident, such as people or places involved
- Feelings of shame or blaming oneself
- Continual fear and suspicion
- Lack of concentration
- Easily agitated or startled
- Constantly on guard and mistrustful
- Problems sleeping
- Irritability and anger
- Diminished interest in activities once enjoyed
- Withdrawing from family and friends or feeling detached from others
- Self-destructive or reckless behaviors
- Feeling emotionally numb or hopeless
Most people go through these types of symptoms in the days and weeks succeeding a traumatic event. With that being said, PTSD can also emerge years following the trauma. Some individuals might even suffer from PTSD by hearing that another person -- such as a family member or a close acquaintance -- went through a life-altering incident. You might have PTSD if your symptoms endure for more than a month and prevent you from living a fulfilling life.
If you are battling PTSD, the empathetic therapists at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Monmouth Junction are ready to help. Our competent staff understands what you’re facing and has expertise helping people like you control PTSD. Place a call to 732-605-6353 today to schedule an evaluation and talk about how we can help you deal with traumatic events from your past.
What Is The The Counseling Center Approach For Treating PTSD?
You’re not able to alter the truth that you have undergone a traumatic event, but appropriate PTSD treatment near Monmouth Junction can stop it from ruining your life. The Counseling Center provides psychotherapy and prescription treatment for PTSD as an aspect of our comprehensive mental health services. We’ll move forward at at your preferred pace to help you recover from trauma and cope with the symptoms of PTSD so you can live a more content and productive life your past medical details and symptoms, we’ll formulate a tailored treatment plan with evidence-based therapy and prescription medications to accommodate your individual needs for addressing PTSD. Reach out to us at 732-605-6353 today to schedule an appointment and get started on your customized PTSD treatment near Monmouth Junction.
Expert PTSD Therapy Near Monmouth Junction
Discussing your past trauma and emotions with a qualified therapist is vital for PTSD treatment. Our practitioners understand the devastating nature of trauma and keep it in mind during discussions. In treatment, you’ll have the opportunity to change unhealthy thought processes, master positive coping skills, and begin to heal. Working together, we can help you to a point where you’re not only enduring but flourishing in spite of past events.
The credentialed therapists at The Counseling Center use various forms of PTSD therapy near Monmouth Junction. We will recommend the types of therapy we believe will best suit your unique situation. These might include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that looks at how trauma has influenced all areas of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to identify patterns of thought that are blocking the healing process
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to work on coping skills for dealing with the adverse emotions emerging from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to find the inner motivation, so you can make the necessary changes to promote healing and living a healthy life
Using Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can result in many mental and physical symptoms that make life difficult. There are some symptoms that can be managed with the right prescription drugs when paired with PTSD therapy near Monmouth Junction. Our experienced medical team will get together with you to determine when medication is needed and find the suitable medicine for you. We’ll also carry out necessary changes and are always ready to take questions to make certain your medication remains beneficial and safe for you.
Why Seek Help At Our Monmouth Junction PTSD Treatment Center?
There’s no need to struggle on your own with PTSD. The Counseling Center is ready to help, and we supply the best care possible to help you achieve your goals for managing your stressors and trauma. Everything we provide at our PTSD treatment center near Monmouth Junction prioritizes you as the patient. That involves:
- Certified, experienced clinicians and therapists
- Evidence-based psychotherapy and medications for PTSD
- Treatment customized for you
- Various options of mental health treatments
- Centrally located near Monmouth Junction
- Flexible schedules with telehealth appointment options
- Most insurance accepted
- Specialized treatment for co-occurring alcohol or drug disorders
- Compassionate, respectful care
Start PTSD Treatment Near Monmouth Junction
If you have PTSD, you have a right to help. Contact us at 732-605-6353 or fill out the form, and we will respond right away to provide more info about our PTSD treatment. We’re always available, no matter the day or time. We are here to help you today.